Affable, Experienced Kentucky Attorneys Practice Civil and Real Estate Law
A prominent Prestonsburg law firm
Prestonsburg, Kentucky’s Francis, Kendrick and Francis is a law firm with deep roots in the community. A general civil practice, our firm was founded by Fred Francis (1916-2003) in 1946. William, his son, joined the family business in 1973 and since his father’s passing has carried on the proud tradition of providing experienced legal counsel with a personal, caring touch. Our Prestonsburg, Floyd County and East Kentucky clients have come to rely on us as their attorneys of choice in civil trial, mediation, real estate and other legal matters.
Attorneys William Francis and William Kendrick have a combined total of more than 75 years of experience. That is a lifetime in law! We have devoted ourselves to the practice of law in Kentucky and, as a result, are exceedingly familiar with the intricacies of the courts here. We have a wide network of contacts in the legal arena to use as resources for our clients and have worked together since 1975.
William Kendrick is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for his professionalism and ethics. He was admitted to the Floyd County and Kentucky Bar Associations in 1975.
William Francis is BV® Distinguished™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his professionalism and ethics. He was admitted to the Floyd County and Kentucky Bar Associations in 1973.
We come from small towns in Kentucky where coal and natural gas are the major employers and the populations are small (Prestonburg pop. 3500 / Floyd County pop. 40,000). In areas like this, people rely on each other, and one of the things we love about the practice of law is that it allows us the opportunity to give back to the community in various civil areas.
For the last 30 years, William Francis has been involved with arts, humanities and education at all levels, holding positions as:
- Past Chair, Kentucky Arts Council
- Present Chair of Kentucky Humanities Council
- Past Chairman of Advisory Board to Dean of University of Kentucky School of Arts & Sciences
- Member of Visiting Committee of Advisors to Dean of University of Kentucky Law School
- Past President and lifetime Board Member of University of Kentucky National Alumni Association
- Fellow of American Bar Association
- Former Member of Board of Governors for Kentucky Bar Association
William Kendrick is a:
- Former Board Member, St. Joseph at Martin Hospital
- Former Board Member, Presbytery of Kentucky
- Master Commissioner for the court office that sells foreclosure properties at public auctions
Areas of practice
We have worked on a variety of cases and legal issues. Our experience includes:
- General Civil Trial Practice (Insurance Defense, Adoptions)
- Real Estate (residential and commercial, Mineral Law)
- General Civil Mediation
Free consultation with a well-qualified Kentucky law firm
This is a close-knit community. The clients we work with are friends and neighbors, so we treat everyone with the respect that they deserve. We understand how complex and intimidating dealing with legal issues can be. We take the time to patiently explain everything clearly to our clients so that they can continue to make informed decisions regarding their cases.
Get in touch with us either by phone at 606-886-2812 or online. Set up an appointment to come in to our conveniently located Prestonsburg office and we’ll analyze your case or issue, come up with a winning strategy and then, together, determine the best way to proceed.